Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stage Girlfriend

I am one heck of proud girlfriend.

I actually see myself marrying this guy I am with right now. It's never an easy state for a girl to actually see herself marrying her current boyfriend. It's confusing and scary. Confusing in a way that, for me, we all think that our current is 'THE ONE' (well unless you are actually head- over- heels in love with that person that although some obvious no-nos are showing, you still hope that he will change FOR you.) And scary because, like what most of my married friends say, "You're no longer in a "pa-tweetums" stage with your BF and you're actually plunging into a different kind of relationship, a relationship with bags of responsibilities. As a couple, as mature people, as possibly soon-to-be parents."

For me, what helped our relationship is the "moving in" decision that we made a year ago. It was scary because it can make or break a relationship.

I was never against living together. I believe, and have proven, that you'll really get to know every inch of your BF when you two decide to live under the same roof. (i.e how often does he brush his teeth, who's more domesticated, what's he like when he wakes up, how his morning breath smells like, what his "REAL" hobbies are.) Things that you never really get to see when you're apart and just see each other once in a while.

When I first met Von, he was the type of guy who gets his happiness from the hundreds of people and beer surrounding him. He was the type of guy that declares poverty 5 days after pay day. He had girls everywhere. Every night. He was a modern nomad. He never engaged in mind-challenging reads and activities. He literally lived his life to the fullest. Someone I really wouldn't like or love, and would never MARRY. While I, who was way past that stage already, decided to be in a relationship with him. (Yes, I started very young. HAHA. And I don't regret it. )

Detour : Just after few months since we moved in together, I saw the changes.

He spends his rest days in the house to help out.

He became responsible. To the point that we had a serious talk about family already. LOL.

He asks for permission whenever he wants to hang out with friends and drink. (Which I always grant) :P

He reconciled with a few people and some family members and became more "VISIBLE" to them.

He got us a house.

The recent one that got me really teary-eyed and proved me that he was really serious about us and his future was when he told me he opened a SAVINGS ACCOUNT.

This Savings Account is like an auto-debit. So it takes away a certain amount from your salary every month and a huge amount of interest is accumulated for a certain number of year/s if you don't withdraw/ take it out of the bank. And it has a Life Insurance.

( It allowed him to have a SUB(or whatever you call it) and the sub also has the authority over the money and the benefits)

I mean come on. You will become a great Dad. You will become one of the most responsible Dads I know. This goes to show you will not let your wife-to-be (me) & your kids down.

Thank you for the metamorphosis. Thank you for the love. Thank you for proving that I will never regret being in this relationship. Thank you for letting me do what makes me happy (tattoos & clothes & shoes) . Thank you for your hardwork. Thank you for the continous love and support .

P.S.

Please don't stop giving me my daily dose of your great massage. Don't stop telling me stories before I go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment